- Rights and Security International has launched a Global Repatriations Tracker which “tracks estimated global repatriations from camps, prisons, and other detention facilities in northeast Syria since the start of 2019”.
- “Risks of childhood statelessness for the children associated with alleged ‘foreign fighters’ detained in Syria and Iraq“, University of Bristol, Policy Research Briefings, October 2021
- “Children Abandoned by their governments are “waisting away” in Syrian camps“, Save the Children, September 2021
- Report by the United Nations Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator in Syria and Regional Humanitarian Coordinator for the Syria Crisis on the Deteriorating Security at Al Hol Camp, January 2021
- “They have erased the dreams of my children”: children’s rights in the Syrian Arab Republic“; UNHRC, UN Commission of Inquiry on Syria, January 2021
- Parliamentary Assembly, Council of Europe: International obligations concerning the repatriation of children from war and conflict zones, January 2020
- June 2022: Gerrit Loots and Hannan Jamai (VUB) published a report about the reintegration of 28 Belgian children since their repatriation. You can find it here.
- Third Party intervention by a group of Belgian Scholars before the Grand Chamber of the European Court of Human Rights, September 2021
- BELSPO Project REGUIDE: A Holistic, Restorative and Gendered approach to guide returnees back to their Home Country (VUB, KU Leuven, NICC-INCC & Université Saint-Louis Bruxelles)
- Report: “One Year Later. Belgian Children in Kurdish Camps in Northeast Syria“, July 2020.
- The Research Group ‘Voicing Youth at Social Risk‘ at the VUB, with the reports of the missions coordinated by Gerrit Loots and messages from the camps.
- Moeders van Europa: a collective of families and academics supporting the return of the children and their parents in Syria.
- Pourquoi Rapatrier les enfants belges des “combattants djihadistes?” (Why Repatriate the children of foreign fighters?). Text written by academics, the collective Moeders van Europa and the Francophone Children’s Rights Commissioner (Délégué general aux droits de l’enfant).
- Collectif des Familles Unies: representing the families of the European citizens in Syria and Iraq.
- Repatriate the Children: aims to support the relatives of the children in Syria. With chapters in Sweden and Denmark.
- Rights and Security International Report: ‘Europe’s Guantanamo: The Indefinite Detention of European Women and Children in North East Syria‘